Monday, April 5, 2010

Cherry Blossoms

Shawn had a contract training all last week in Washington, DC. So we thought we would make a little vacation out of it. He came to pick us up Wednesday night and we spent Thursday and Friday in DC. Victoria loved being in the hotel and chasing the pigeons outside, Shawn loved the Spy Museum and now wants to be a spy ha ha and I loved the free continental breakfast's. Whats not to love about a free huge breakfast? Definitely a favorite meal for me when I'm prego (especially breakfast sausage dipped in syrup...I know, I sound like Buddy the Elf)! The most convenient part of the trip was being able to take the metro train. Traffic and parking are just insane in DC, so taking the metro everywhere eliminated the stress of driving. We had never been on the Metro before, so it felt like a ride at Disneyland...until Friday afternoon when we were packed in like sardines, having to stand holding Victoria and hanging on to Shawn, who was holding our Cadillac of a stroller, because I couldn't find a pole to hang on to for the ride, all while feeling everyone's hot breath on my neck...and then I felt something splashing on my leg...yup, Victoria was peeing and her diaper was too full to soak it up...so my leg, Shawn's toes (and I am sure stranger's legs and toes), and the floor of the train all soaked it up! Poor little girl! 
The Cherry Blossoms were in full bloom while we were there and they were beautiful. We tried the National Zoo out, but it was so miserably crowded we left after 45 minutes then headed back home. It was SO nice to get away from our daily routine and spend a couple days together as a family!


      
  


waiting in a long line for a smoothie...
...and finally getting one!



 





After an evening of Cherry Blossoms we decided to go swimming back at the hotel. And this is Victoria checking herself out in her tankini... 

She thought we were going swimming in the bath tub.

5 comments:

Brittany Atkinson said...

I loved the pictures!! Especially the tankini. It looks like you had a fun little family vacation. Everything is more fun with little kids along.

The Mursets said...

How fun! I am way jealous that you are having nicer weather then we are...we are still all bundled up!

Tyler and I can't get over how alike Victoria and Ava look, and we wish we lived closer to you guys!

Emily M said...

Those cherry blossoms are amazing!! what a fun little vacation. I LOVE the pictures of Victoria checking herself out in the mirror!

Darcy said...

I was just reading along not really responding but then, the tankini brought the smile and giggles. Babies can be oh-so funny!

Anonymous said...

ok pumpkin lets lock the bathroom door, take off your bikini bottoms and diaper and let my tongue make your p----y feel sooooooooooooooooooooooooo good, mmmmmmmmmmmm watch your little body quiver and shake as I eat your p---y