Sunday, June 6, 2010

Girls Just Want To Have Fun...And That's Just What We'll Do!

Thank Heaven for little girls! I love having one, and Shawn loves to spoil us! A week or two ago Shawn had a business class down in DC again...of course I hate it when he leaves...but I love having a car around to go out and play during the day. We were a one car family...until Monday. Anyway, to make the week without Shawn bearable, Victoria and I did lots of shopping, had little lunch dates, shared ice cream sundays, danced, sang, laughed, painted our nails, and covered our lips (and face) with lip balm! Whenever we passed a jewelry counter or stand Victoria had to spend 15 minutes trying on every bracelet and necklace pointing out how "cute" or "pretty" they were. When she tried on new sandals she definitely voiced her opinion by either saying "no way" or "oh, cute!" and told me she wanted red or pink sandals to match her freshly painted pink toes! She's too cute! We had way too much fun, but missed Daddy terribly!
As of last Monday (Memorial Day) we don't have to wait for Shawn to go on trips to have the car around! YES! Finally, we bought a second car....and it's freedom! Victoria calls it "Mommy's white car"! We love our brand spankin new 2011 Hyundai Sonata! I kind of feel like a "Barbie Mom" in it...and I kind of like it. Shawn spoiled his girls once again! ...but we really needed another car that was safer for the kids...and safety, to me, doesn't have a price (but of course car dealer ships put a price on it anyway).


Girlie Girl!


The new car!



Here are our two cars together...The "White Pearl" and "Black Current" (complete with hail dents from Texarkana and Shawn's "quick fix" black duct tape on the back window that keeps it from falling down inside the door.)




Just out for a little stroll...




7 comments:

Emily M said...

I love those pictures of victoria! Especially the one of her dragging her bunny. What a cutie- and how lucky for you to be so spoiled!

Megan and Jonny said...

Woo hoo!!!! I don't know how you lasted so long with only one car! And I love that you are totally in bare feet in the pictures by the car.

Hey, now you don't have an excuse for not hanging out with me and Seth! ;) We'll have to plan some fun stuff before your little one gets here!

Atkinsons said...

You bet! Bare foot and pregnant...it's how I like to spend hot and humid summers!

Carin said...

Victoria is so dang cute! You look great! AND, awesome car!!! Yeah for two cars... luxury. :) I'm counting down the days until I see some myself. How did we ever make it this far??

Mom/Grandma W. said...

I love Victoria's dress!! It is so cute. Her hair is getting so long--can't believe how much she's grown. I can tell she's ready to be a big sister. UNBELIEVABLE! Krystal, you look adorable...love the bare feet, and they're not even swollen :) Excited to see you all next week!!!
Love ya!

Dawn said...

I'm always excited for moms who finally get a car all to themselves! It opens up so many possibilities!

Sommer said...

Congrats on the new car, it really is exciting. We were a one car family until Nathan was a few months old, it's hard!!!