Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Name Game

We’ve been meaning to post this for a while now but I’ve just been struggling for the right words I guess. I don’t want to come off sounding rude, it’s partly our fault anyway. I know Shawn and I started out calling Victoria “Tori” here and there, but after a few months of the name Tori and hardly anyone calling her by her real name, Victoria,  it started to wear on me (and Shawn) a bit. We hoped that friends and family would catch on when Shawn and I would only call her Victoria…I mean I like the nickname “Tori” and I am not going to freak out if someone calls our baby girl Tori…what I’m trying to say is that Victoria is our daughter’s name and would like it to be used more often by friends and family. This post isn’t meant to be offensive in any way, just an easy way to let everyone know how we are feeling. I know it may not seem like a big deal, but it kind of is. We chose the name Victoria for our daughter because it felt right and it fit.

Sorry if my words are little scrambled as I tried to get to the point ha ha, I just don’t want to hurt anyone’s feelings.

11 comments:

Unknown said...

A lot of people call Nathan "Nate". I try not to let it bug me, but it does sometimes.

The Mursets said...

Like Tyler said sometimes people call Nathan "Nate"(totally bugs me)- when they do he doesn't even know they are talking to him. If people get offended by your post it is their own fault. If you would have wanted everyone to call her Tori then you would have named her that, right?

Yoda said...

Just wanted to drop a line and ask hows Vicky doing? ......I love you guys,
Grandpa Waldron(AKA N.T.,Newt, Newd, Waldo Q., ani short for animal) ..............
I love the name Victoria!

Melissa Hernandez said...

I don't blame you, I LOVE the name Victoria, much much better than Tori, it's such a classy name! When we named our little girl Isabella people would call her bell, bella, or izzy, and it drove us crazy! It's Isabella or Isa, and everything in between drives me nuts!

Erin said...

you are so funny. You dont have to apologize or defend your reasoning. Nobody should be offended by your request either. Tell it as is girl.

She is such a honey girl!!!

Eric and Hilary said...

LOVE the new blog look (i dont know how long it's been like that cuz i usually read from google reader.) But it's so cute!

Maria said...

I love the eating video and pictures. That is so cute. I have been gone for a while and haven't seen your blog. I cna't believe how much Victoria has changed. She is such a cutie pie!

Megan and Jonny said...

I'm totally offended and never speaking to you again.

And I still want you to take our family pictures. I figured we'd wait until spring, so things aren't so ugly around here.

Alison said...

I love the name you choose and it does suit her well!
She's adorable!

MaryAnn said...

People are funny, hu. When we had Lila someone actualy said "That's OK- you can call her Lilly." Hmmmm. . .did they really just say that!??! Funny people.

Cort, Amanda, Jack, and Hank said...

I love her name, that bugs us also when names are changed. People always call Cort Cortney and that isn't even his real name! Why don't they just name them what they are called. One reason why we go with way easy no changing names like Jack and Hank, but people STILL find a way to change it to like Jackson and Hanky- oh well. But I don't blame you for wanting to keep her name and call her her name you gave her- I'm confusing myself now.