Thursday, September 10, 2009

It's About Time I Post Something

Well, I blinked and July was suddenly two weeks into August! And then August turned into september! I've been busy...I couldn't exactly tell you what I've been busy doing though. A little cleaning here, some church calling duties there, a growing baby, and an overwhelming feeling for the need to prepare our food storage has all added up to being busy I guess.

We've had a pretty good summer with lots of grilling and s'mores. This is kind of embarassing to admit, but Shawn and I ate s'mores after dinner every night...for two weeks straight! Gross, I know, but they are oh so addicting.

The First two weeks of August Shawn was gone on another training workshop in San Antonio. I hate when he is gone, especially for so long, but it is awsome having a car around to use while he is off on his trainings..we only have one vehicle, remember, which Shawn takes to work everyday. It was freedom having that car! I think I went to Micheal's like six times. A day or two before Shawn left, in all our desperat attempts to get Victoria to crawl (at 10 1/2 months), she finally took just a few short crawls to get the car keys that we had thrown on the floor. By the time Shawn got back, Victoria was an expert at crawling!

Anyway, Shawn flew back from his trip on a Friday night, LATE. And then all three of us were up and on our way to the airport at 5:30 the next morning (Saturday). We flew into Salt Lake and drove up to Logan, Shawn spent the rest of Saturday packing with his brothers and Dad for their annual backpacking trip to the Windrivers, and then they left Sunday morning. So Victoria and I were without Shawn again until Thursday night! He had a good time though, and always does.

I tear up a little now when I realize that our baby girl will be a YEAR old next week! What the... Shawn and I can't believe it. Although the year has gone by incredabley fast...too fast...I can say that the time was well spent. Everyone told us that the time would pass all to quickly and to soak it all in...well, we have and not a day has been lost so far! Watching Victoria grow out of stages has been emotional, exciting, exhausting, and sometimes a relief!

Victoria isn't the only one who has a birthday coming up...Shawn turns 30, tomorrow!! He's a little bummed out about it too. I was going to throw him a "Dirty Thirty Birthday Party" but he said he wanted no part in it, I couldn't convince him-even if it was a surprise it would make his day worse he said. On top of the birthday planning we recently decided to upgrade to a larger townhome. We are moving on the 26th ...in two weeks. Have I started packing? Nope.

Okay, Picture time...


She loves Momma's cell phone
Rainy Day

check out those chompers...she has nine
Dog breath
opening early birthday gifts from Grandma & Grandpa Atkinson and Aunt Brittany
Family pic on the lawn of Aggie Ice Cream

Enjoying some of Grandpa's ice cream

Brittany, Casey, Carol, me, Victoria, and Brad at Aggie Ice Cream. Yum!
Saying "Bye Bye" to Uncle Justin and Aunt Jessica


7 comments:

Sommer said...

Wow I cannot believe that little girl is going to be 1!!! That just is not possible is it? Congrats on the town home, are you guys staying in the ward? I hope so! Tell Shawn not to worry, thrity is the new twenty... lol.

Jessica A said...

What a week this will be... Shawn and Victoria's big days! I love that picture of victoria and Justin. It is too cute! And I love her teeth....hopefully they don't turn into the Atkinson "chicle" teeth! (I don't know if I spelled that right.) Haha. But if anyone could pull them off, I bet she could and make them even look cute!

The Noble Steeds said...

Holy Cow! You're alive! Yay! I cannot believe how big Victoria is! She is a doll. This year HAS gone by incredibly fast. I can't believe it. What a great year. Happy birthday Shawn!

Mom/Grandma W. said...

GREAT pictures!! I miss you guyz so much! Happy B-day to all! Just so you know Shawn, 30 is a lot better than 50something! Enjoy it----you don't look 30, you still look like you're 25ish! I love the photography! Good job Krystal! I LOVE the teeth. What are 'chicle' teeth? Thanks for sharing these pics. Take care! Love from Me!!!

Rose said...

cute post!! I cannot believe how big Victoria is getting. She has changed so much since July. She is quite the little lady. It is not fair how fast they grow up. Happy Birthday to Shawn!! I really meant to call but I've been a little distracted lately. I didn't forget....30 :)You are married to an old man. J/K xoxox

Maria said...

Well it is about time. JK I have no room to talk. I am so excited for you guys to get a bigger place. Oh, how I wish we were moving somewhere bigger. keep your eyes peeled for a great place for us when we come down there. Whenever that is.
Woah, I can't believe how big victoria is. Has it really been a year. I can't believe it either. Thatch is way to big and it is really freaking me out that Conner is going to preschool this week. sniff sniff. It sounds like Thatcher and Victoria are made for each other. He didn't start crawling till about 10 1/2 months and the stinker is still not walking. Glad to hear you are all doing well.

Carin said...

Where did the last year go?!? Victoria is ONE! She is adorable! Happy Birthday Victoria!!!

You have been busy! I'm so jealous that you get to go home so much! I'm excited for your new place... although, I still think you guys need to come be our neighbors. :)