Friday, November 27, 2009

In The Spirit Of Thanksgiving

For the past couple months I have seen my life in a bit of a different light. I mean I've always been grateful, but maybe I just didn't truly recognize the amazing, unmeasurable blessings in my life and stop to actually see what has resulted because of them. A new life. Love. Health. A home, a job. Family. Peace. Happiness. Knowledge. Insight. Humility. Faith. Strength. Courage. Comfort. Endurance. Friends. Compassion. Laughter. All the result of blessings big and small. I am not only grateful for my blessings, but also for how they've changed and shaped my life. It's touching really. It's amazing too how there are so many different ways and forms my blessings have come. It's nearly impossible to think of them all.
A few weeks ago I was checking out at Walmart (a blessing in it's self to be getting out of that place) and as I grabbed my bags and finished paying, the checker said, "have a blessed day". I thought about that simple little comment as I left the store and drove home. I really appreciated what she had said, because it made me think not only how blessed my day was, but also my life after that and how that checker cared enough about somebodies day to wish them a blessed day. Not many people say things like that these days.

In the spirit of Thanksgiving I give thanks to my Heavenly Father and all those who have blessed my life incredibly. I am living the dream...my dream, at least...which requires a few changes and adapting here and there, but I am grateful for changes, for the opportunities they bring, the new chapters they begin, and the memories they create. I am grateful for 2nd chances...and 3rd, 4th, and 5th ones too. I am grateful for the ability to pray, and for the answers to those prayers. I am grateful for my testimony of Jesus Christ. I am grateful for pure, unconditional love and that I have so much of it in my life. I am eternally grateful for family- for my remarkable parents who through living have demonstrated and taught love, devotion, passion, service, wisdom, care, hope, and faith. I am grateful for my strong siblings; Casey, Rose, Kurt, Jake, and Newt.
I am forever Grateful for my best friend, my amazing husband, Shawn, and for knowing with much confirmation, that we were meant to find each other and love together for the eternities. I find myself wordless to describe how grateful I am for my beautiful daughter, Victoria-she is the most astonishing blessing. I love having her smiles, laughter, sweetness...and even sassyness in my life, I love having her tiny hand to hold, being able to wipe away her tears from those chubby cheeks and to help her experience the world, all along side her Daddy. Although it is sometimes frightening to raise her in a world such as ours, I am overwhelmingly grateful to have her and to be a mother. I am blessed, and I am grateful.  

3 comments:

Rose said...

(tears) You have a way with words.

I'm thankful for YOU

Mom/Grandma W. said...

I love you! Thanks for bringing to mind the things that we're all very grateful for......referred in the BofM as tender mercies----it's good that you recognize them in your life, and can so beautifully verbalize them to others!! I too am grateful for you and yours!!!!!!

The Noble Steeds said...

What a beautiful post, Krystal. You are such an amazing woman and I am grateful I can call you my friend.