Thursday, September 25, 2008

Life With A Newborn...



Where to begin... I couldn't have asked for a better delivery of our baby girl! They started the pitocin  around 1:00pm Last Wednesday and by 10:13pm I was holding Victoria Rose! 

Giving birth was the most amazing experience, there is nothing like it. There really aren't too many gory details...I was feeling the pain pretty hard when I was Dilated to 5cm, feeling like I might not make it to the end I asked for some Demerol. I remember breathing through some strong contractions and watching the nurse give the drug, then all of the sudden I had the urge to push...they checked me and sure enough I was dilated to a 10. I went from 5cm to 10 in 25 minutes, pushed for about fifteen and out came baby Victoria...the most surreal moment of our lives! 
I had an awsome team of nurses who were very supportive of my wanting to go all natural and of course I couldn't have done it without the love and amazing support of my husband!
Now that Tori is home life couldn't get any better! The whole experience of having a child  and the love as parents we have for Victoria is...to put it simply...a feeling that can only be felt to understand completely... There is nothing like finally looking into your baby's eyes, or watching tears roll down your husband's cheek as he holds her in his arms.

I could go on forever... but the baby is hungry!
The movers are coming tomorrow so there may not be another post until we are in Maryland1 Thanks for everyone's prayers and love! 

9 comments:

Natelli Johnston said...

congrats! she is so cute.

Jessica A said...

We are SO in love. She is just perfect. We think she looks a lot like Shawn in the last picture. We are counting down the days until we finally get to meet our little niece.

Heidi said...

Cute! Cute! Cute!

The Mursets said...

What a doll!

The Noble Steeds said...

She's precious. Good luck with the move!

The Atkinson Family Blog said...

I have been wanting to call you but I haven't yet because I know what it's like with a newborn. Plus the move. I'm glad you posted it on here finally! I'm so glad that everything went well for you! Great job on doing it natural! I know what that pain feels like dialated at a 5. It hurts! Good job new mom! It's an amazing thing!

Rebecca said...

AMAZING! All natural on baby #1and being induced is Superwoman material! She is beautiful!

marewalker said...

Oh- congrats! She is just so pretty! And I am so glad the delivery went well! And all natural?!?! Dang, girl! I couldn't do it! And I tried it 3 times! Just not built that way, I guess. Good luck with the move and a newborn! I hope it all goes OK!

Jeana said...

I still can't believe you did it all natural! You & your mom are two tough ladies. I am not even going to attempt. I'm a very big wuss I know. Victoria is beautiful good Job