Tuesday, December 9, 2008

ElliptiCOOL!!!




  Finally after more than a month of waiting, it is here! My Christmas present...the NordictrackSpace-Saver Elliptical!! YES! We can't afford a gym membership here in Maryland, and there is just NO way I would be able to have time to go workout at a gym with a new baby anyway...so Shawn bought me this awesome Elliptical! We got an unbelievable deal (Shawn has connections at Icon Health and Fitness in Logan)! We ordered it back in October, but because it was on backorder we wouldn't get it until a couple of weeks into November. well, we got our elliptical and Shawn unpacked it and started putting it together only to find a main metal piece BENT! Apparently the truck driver thought he was "Mr Tough Guy" and tried to lift the 200 pound box by himself, when clearly it is written on the box to "team lift". I was pretty bummed that we would have to wait for another one. We called, and they told us another one would be here in 7-10 days...14 days later we had our Elliptical!
*click to read captions




Where do we have room for an elliptical? We don't actually, so it sits in my kitchen. It's now theElliptiKITCHEN...I know, enough with the elliptiWORDS. When I'm ready to workout I just pull this sucker out a little ways from the wall fold out the base, attach the legs and it's ready!
Thanks Shawn for theElliptiCHRISTMAS (okay it's not funny any more)!

*note to Jessica: Shawn just brought me a frosted star shaped sugar cookie, that he made. He'sgivin' your "cookie boy" a run for his money!

10 comments:

Brittany said...

Swear words and sighs. Like father like son! mom

Jessica A said...

Note to Krystal and Shawn- there can only be one "cookie boy" in this family! I think the boys need to have a bake off to determine the real "cookie boy"!

Eric and Hilary said...

yeah we got a gym membership when we moved here in october and i still havent gone once. i promised eric i would use it....oops. lol

HeavenlyHome said...

Yep, the mom's gym! Good for you...I've gone through three over the past 5 years...we finally broke down and bought a super duper one, and it really was worth it! Enjoy!

The Atkinson Family Blog said...

Good for you!! I'm jealous!!!

Rose said...

Can I borrow that sometime?? I can't afford one. Plus I'm pretty sure there would be more than swear words and sighs, trying to put it together. I'm talking about missing screws and a couple wholes in the wall. So make sure you bring yours to Hyde park....with al your other luggage so I can try it out!!

Carin said...

That is awesome! I want one. I know the feeling of working out in the kitchen! :) Yours is so much "ellipticooler" than our big huge hunk of junk of metal bowflex. I told JC I am selling it. I hate it! The pics of Torie below are adorable! I love that dress.

Jeana said...

I love the elliptijokes. Working out in your Kitchen rocks too. You can reach the food in the fridge while you are working out. ha ha j/k

Sarah and Trent said...

Woohoo! That is so elliptimazing! Are you guys going to the Buehler cousin party? Hopefully we'll see you there!

Sommer said...

man you are so lucky!