Friday, January 23, 2009

Marry Me

Three years ago today, Shawn put this beauty on my finger, got down on one knee and asked me to marry him...I said yes and had just made the best decision of my life! How did he ask? Well, here's the story, according to me...

The plan was to go to dinner with Shawn's mom and sisters that night (who were in on the whole thing). Shawn had picked me up and we had just arrived at his house before going out to dinner.  Every one was ready to go (all part of the fake plan) when Shawn all of the sudden remembers he wants to show me this little slide show he put together on his new ipod. Shawn and I go down stairs where he hooks his ipod up to the TV. The song Pictures of You by The Cure (you can listen to the song on my playlist) begins to play as pictures, that Shawn and I had taken together throughout our year of dating, scroll across the screen. Of course my eyes started to fill with tears a little bit as the memories came flooding in, and then as the slide show was coming to an end I notice Shawn is a bit nervous for some reason, but I blow it off. The last picture on the slide show was a picture of my ring in it's box...this is when my heart started to pound, and I could hear Shawn's pounding next to me. I wasn't quite sure what to think. Was it just a picture to pose as the memory of us going ring shopping 8 months before? Nope, this was it, the real thing, the moment I had been waiting for...what do I do, what do I say, where do I look...Shawn was all of the sudden on one knee with the ring in his hand. He says a few things, probably about how much he loves me, and I'm the only one for him, but we are both too wrapped up in the moment for any words to sink in and remember what was said. I'm crying, Shawn lets a few tears drip, and he slides the ring on my finger. After a little while we walk upstairs and his mom starts snapping pictures and videos. Finally her oldest was getting married!
Shawn had made dinner reservations at Hamilton's in Logan (just for the two of us) and while eating dinner, our waitress brings out 2 dozen BEAUTIFUL red roses (all part of Shawn's game plan) with a card that read "To the Future Mrs. Atkinson". The night was Perfect!

3 comments:

Eric and Hilary said...

SO CUTE! I love it.

Sommer said...

wow, that is probably the best, most romantic story I have ever heard!!!!! Do you still have the slide show? Will you put it up on your blog?

Sarah and Trent said...

How cute!!These boys of ours...they know how to propose! That is a very sweet story..