Sunday, March 8, 2009

California Girls

Between California, catching up with my calling in young women's, house hunting, and taking care of a 5 1/2 month old, husband, and home...there hasn't been much time to blog!

On February 19th Victoria and I kissed Shawn goodbye and flew across the country to Southern California. After a long flight (2 flights actually), being squished next to two large men (yes, I had to nurse Victoria while sitting next to them) who were giving me child rearing advice and telling jokes from comedians I had never heard of, we were finally to the place I call Home. I was surprising my mom for her birthday...she had no idea that Victoria and I were coming. We knocked on my mother's front door, she opened it, stood there staring for a few long seconds and then started crying (of course)! It was a perfect surprise! It had been over a year since the last time I was home visiting, and a year and half since I had seen a couple of my siblings...so the trip was long overdue! It always feels a little awkward and weird when you return home after being gone so long. It's almost like I had never left, that I still was in high school picking up where I had left off, yet everything and everyone had changed...but it was a wonderful visit where Victoria got to meet her uncles and a couple of aunts for the first time...and a new cuz! We didn't really do anything out of the norm, just spent time with the fam, enjoyed the nice weather, and put our feet in the Pacific!

As we were driving to the airport the morning of my flight to L.A, I realized I had left my camera as we were rushing out the door...I was sick about it for the entire trip (and still am)...so I had to borrow my little bro's Nikon...which had been on some sort of different setting when I was using it at the beach, that's why some of the pictures have a blue tint to them. Still love them though!

Victoria and Cousin Harlyn (2months)...whom she loved! (also Jeana and I)

"Babe" Watch

The water was a little cold...as usual

Grandpa and Grandma Waldron






First visit to California 2/2009

6 comments:

The Atkinson Family Blog said...

I am so glad you two were able to go see your family! That is so great! You are so awesome to go by yourself with her! I would have been so nervous to! Good job!

Rose said...

Oh my gosh, These pictures are so sweet. Makes me miss "home" can't believe how big Victoria is getting. Madi says it looks like Harlyn and Victoria are playing rock, paper, scissors hahaha. So cute!!

Sommer said...

how funny about the plane trip, I can totally picture it! What an awesome suprise for your family! You really have been crazy busy!

Emily M said...

What an awesome surprise for you mom! (minus the plane ride there) I loved the pictures at the ocean! So fun!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh, I feel your pain with the airplane situation. THat reminded me I haven't posted about my flight home yet. I think you may have had it worse though. I was just next to a smelly man who looked homeless but was actually just totally green and vegan.LOL Thtat is so awesome that you totally suprised your mom. How fun!

Jeana said...

Krystal, It was so nice to see you and finally meet Victoria! The pictures turned out way cute. I didn't know about the two men on the plane AWKWARD! ha ha