Friday, March 20, 2009

A Mini Journal Entry

 I’m Tired. It’s just one of those days where I can’t think straight because my brain is so tired! Victoria is not sleeping well at night and it’s driving me a bit crazy! Not to mention Shawn is now working overtime…which is a blessing really because of the extra money it will bring in…but it means less time spent with him…and then all these week to two week trainings he goes on…usually on Fridays I would be singing our “Happy for the Weekend” song, not today though because Shawn will be working tomorrow…but I am counting my blessings, and there are far too many to count! Aw well, life is full of sacrifices…we give a little to get a little, or sometimes give a lot to get a little, and even give a little to get a lot…so I guess it all balances out in the end!

We are still house hunting (that’s TOWNhouse hunting around here). We haven’t walked into a place that has felt like “home” yet, but are still hoping to land a good deal, put a little money into it, and settle in for the rest of the time that we will be here in Maryland.

Victoria had her 6 month wellness checkup this morning, shots included of course! She handled them really well…If she was a little older she would have gotten to pick out a treat, but instead she got some juice…a little boring I know but still pretty yummy to a 6 month old! She weighed in at 16 Lbs 7 oz (a little above average percentile) and measured 27 3/4 inches! She is off the charts for her height!

I’m such a thinker…more like a dreamer, an observer. I keep a lot of who I am inside my head…but lately it’s been itching to get out. My brain is stuffed full of all these things I’d love to do and be…ideas for our house, sewing, learning how to play the piano and violin, becoming a ballerina, a photographer, running a marathon…even doing an Iron Man someday, finishing school…really the list goes on, and a lot of it makes some people laugh, well…some of my thoughts make me laugh! I’ve been sitting on some of my “dreams” since I was a little girl. I recently found out that one of my Mother’s biggest regrets is that she never pursued her dream to become a ballerina. No regrets…I’ve decided I’m going to start knocking stuff of my list…

 

{Added a little while later}

Of course being a mother (and wife) was my number one dream…and it’s been a dream come true. There is nothing that could replace being a mother to a beautiful daughter and wife to a wonderful, handsome husband. Victoria and Shawn come first and top any list that I may have. But what kind of mother would I be if I didn’t show my Children how to dream! 

7 comments:

HeavenlyHome said...

Oh, a ballerina sounds wonderful to me, too!
But I'm so glad to be a mom! It's what I've always wanted most, and I can't imagine a more meaningful job that would fill my heart with more joy! Thanks for reminding me to count my blessings!
Oh, wanna go VT next Friday!?!?

Darcy said...

I hope this doesn't sound crazy, but I regret not being your friend. Reading your posts makes me think that we would have been great friends. I think being a stay at home Mom can be dangerous because then theres a lot of time to think about what we want, wish for, hate, wanna change, and everything else that comes to mind. I also understand about the working husbands. Mine doesnt leave for days at a time but he is only home for a couple of waking hours each day so we don't get to spend as much time with him as we'd all like, but *sigh* some day. Good luck house hunting! And I can't believe Victoria is so tall, she's almost as tall as Eden! Ok, well this was almost a post instead of a comment! (Sorry) Have a happy weekend!

Walking with our feet and Loving with our hearts said...

I have things that I want to do, try or become. I call it my LIFE LIST. I will have to add mine on here as well. Everyday I am practically adding more and more to it. We will have to share ours.
:) Happy half birthday to Miss Victoria!

Carin said...

Don't you love what being a stay at home mom, with one car, who doesn't get any sleep, and is anticipating spring and good weather does to you!? I love your dreams.. we have a lot of the same ones. I keep telling JC one day I am going to be a BYU cheerleader?? haha. (I don't even like BYU.) But I'll keep practicing and one day I'll be ready. :) Miss you guys! Victoria is so cute!

The Noble Steeds said...

I totally agree. Without dreams and ambitions, how would we progress? Dream away!

Candis said...

Hey Krystal! I was so happy to read your list of things to do. I've been thinking so many things along the same line lately. Maybe babies bring out our desires to be the best :)Call me if you get bored one of your two week trainings with Shawn. I'd love to chat about babies and dreams!

Jeana said...

What a fun little post... Thanks for sharing! We miss you guys!