Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Blizzards... And I Don't Mean The Dairy Queen Kind

Now I've got myself thinking about a Reese's Dairy Queen Blizzard...I feel a craving coming on....yup...now I've GOT to have one! Maybe this post about all our recent snow will make me forget about it (is it possible to forget a craving when you're pregnant?...I don't think so. I don't care what 'What to Expect When Expecting' says...grabbing a handful of grapes is not going to satisfy my blizzard craving).
Anyway we've had quite the snow fall here in Maryland this winter. The fist blizzard was just a few days before we left for our Christmas vacation. I think we got around a foot or a foot and half of snow overnight with that storm. Church was canceled and schools were out for a couple of days. Just last week we had "Blizzard '10" were we got over two feet of snow...and then a few days after that storm we had more snow, almost another foot. Church was canceled again, businesses shut down, people were not allowed on the roads during the storm, power was out in some areas, and the schools closed for the whole week...I think they just went back today. It was nice to have Shawn home for a couple of days though! At least we finished up more painting around the house! But I think we are all pretty sick of the snow and cold days around here. Please, Snow, melt away fast so spring can come already!
Pictures from "Blizzard '09"


Doing a little snow dance.





Shawn shoveling during the first storm. With his sauconys on...no boots. Are you sure you're from Utah, Shawn?

Pictures from "Blizzard '10"

By the end of the storm, that red bug could not be seen.



Victoria's snowman...Daddy's hat, Mama's scarf, grapes for eyes, a rock for it's nose, and sticks for it's mouth...she loved it.



It was really bright outside.
Shawn's boots crack me up! They smelled so gross...he kept saying he should have bought the more expensive ones ha ha!

I couldn't pass up this picture of Victoria standing on an upside down basket to check up on her snowman from our front window.

8 comments:

Dad said...

What gorgeous pics.....you really do have a little snowbunny! I love the fur around the hood. My favorite pics are the one of her 'looking stressed' in the snow. The caption should read, "enough picture taking already mom.....". The other one is her looking out the window at her snowman. It reminds of the book "The Snowman" which you loved as a little girl. The picture took me back! I just hope she isn't traumatized when it melts :O Well, it's 80 degrees here today...how about that DQ Blizzard? Love you all!
Love,
Mom/Grandma "Dub"

Megan and Jonny said...

I'm jealous of your picture taking skills. Maybe I should hire you to come over here once a week and just take random pictures of Seth like you do with Victoria. :)

She looks adorable in her snow suit. We need to get our little monsters together sometime.

Oh, and are you available for some more family photos in April? Please? ;)

Dawn said...

good to see you all had fun in the snow.

The Noble Steeds said...

I can't get over how stinkin cute Victoria is!

Heidi said...

Loved the pictures Krystal!

The Pierce Family said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous pictures! I need to take some lessons from you...and maybe invest in a better camera. I love the picture of Victoria with the snow up to her waist.

HeavenlyHome said...

Haven't stalked in a while....and what a lovely update!!!! I can't imagine how much fun you will have taking pictures of Two adorable little ones!!!

Carin said...

I love these pictures! Victoria is adorable!!! :) AND, holy snow!