Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Five Days Late And Counting...

I can't believe this baby isn't here yet! I've tried everything to induce labor on my own...long, fast power walking, the elliptical, dancing and bouncing around the house...even Castor Oil (don't even want to talk about how sick that stuff made me feel). My Doctor even stripped the membranes last Monday. Everyone, even the doc said he was a bit surprised that that didn't work for me considering how dilated I was and how far effaced! I have contractions but they've felt mild and no big deal. I'm beginning to think I can't go into labor myself! I had another visit with the doctor yesterday. I am now 4cm dilated and pretty much all the way effaced, and the baby's head is lower than ever....so why haven't I had this baby?!?
We left the office with a scheduled induction and NST...because the birthing unit is packed right now the soonest they could schedule an induction was for Monday, August 30th (an entire week away!!) with a monitoring of the baby on Friday to check the fluid levels and everything else.
I'm tired, frustrated, worried about the baby, nervous about how Victoria will be while she stays with our good friends Hilary, Eric and Sierra, bummed that I have to be induced again (I really wanted to be able to say "Shawn, I think my water just broke!"), and a mix of other emotions....but not as much as I would expect to be....which is a blessing! I feel pretty calm actually and I know that is because of prayers!
Then, by some miracle, my doctor's office called me today and told me a spot had just opened up for a sooner induction time. Thursday at 6:00am! So the end is insight...I don't have much longer to see if I will go into labor by myself, but I think I would have gone crazy if I had to wait until Monday to hold this baby. Now I'm just hoping that none of the nurses slip and tell us the sex of the baby when they see it on the monitor! We've waited too long for that to happen! 
Shawn is working from home right now...I think my sister made him a little nervous when she said that my water will probably just break and then by the time Shawn got home from work, Victoria was dropped off, and we finally made it to the hospital (20 minutes from our house) I would already be holding the baby! ha ha So Shawn decided to work from home for the rest of the week.
Well, our next post WILL be of the baby and I can NOT wait to share that news with you!   

13 comments:

Sommer said...

Thank you for the update, I've been thinking about you guys all week now... even longer just waiting to hear. I am so excited to find out what you are having! Hang in there, the end is in sight!!! I'll be thinking about you Thursday and praying that everything goes smoothly.

The Mursets said...

Good luck! We will be thinking and praying for you! I can't believe you have been able to go this long without knowing the sex of the baby! I think I would have "cheated" by now and had the doctor tell me...I can't wait to hear!!!!

The Pierce Family said...

We're so excited for you guys and can't wait to hear what gender this baby is. Good luck with everything...can't wait to see pictures!

Emily M said...

I have been thinking about you and wondering. Good luck!! That is so exciting that you haven't found out- how fun it will be when the baby is here!

Brandon and Danna said...

Good Luck! Can't wait to hear the news. We miss you guys.

Carol & Newell said...

Our 7th is about to emerge!!!! :) YEAH
Love you guys bunches and bunches!! Thinking of you Now and Later and little, (maybe not so little)beautiful, sweet, loveable Baby A.
Love Mom and Dad

Megan and Jonny said...

AHHH!!! Finally! I didn't want to keep texting you every day (along with everyone else in the world). I hope everything goes well, but I'm sad things didn't go like you wanted them to. But you get to meet this little person TOMORROW!!! I'm so excited!!

By the way, Dana and Amanda are dying for news. ;)

PS--Please let me take Seth sometime! I know you're stinking independent, but I want to help! And Seth would love to play...

Carin said...

I have been thinking about you every day and asking JC if he has heard any news from Shawn. :) So excited for you and hope everything goes well. Can't wait to hear about your cute little baby!!!

Eric and Hilary said...

Why does your blog look so cute and mine looks so hideous? Just a side note. Victoria will be fine ;) and everything will go good. I can't wait for this to be over for you so you can just be holding your cute little baby.

Rose said...

Sorry that I made shawn so nervous (gulp);)

Darcy said...

It definitely won't be be much longer now :) I've been curious if you've delivered Baby Atkinson yet. I can't wait for your next post :)

The Noble Steeds said...

Yay! Good luck tomorrow. We'll be thinking of you!

Erin said...

i keep checking!!!! Good luck tomorrow.