Friday, July 25, 2008

CSI: Crime Scene Investigation



Yesterday afternoon Shawn discovered this crack on the drivers side of our Honda Accord. Yes, we are victims of a hit and run! Shawn noticed the damage when leaving class, but thought there was no way it could have happened in that parking lot. So we had three places where it could have happened: The gas station, Legends Gym, or Walmart. After Shawn called me about what happened he drove to the gas station where the manager reviewed the security tapes...nothing. We then called the Police Department and our insurance company. The Officer was not going to write us a report because we were not 100% sure if the hit and run took place in Arkansas or Texas (remember we live in a city of two states). We were pretty positive that the accident took place at Walmart (Arkansas) earlier that morning, and had planned to review the security tapes of Walmart and Legends gym. The Officer decided to write us a report because I "was pregnant and didn't need to be running around all over" and because we were pretty sure it happened at Walmart. I also think the officer was impressed with Shawn's investigation thus far (reviewing security video at the gas station, showing our Walmart receipt with the exact time we were at Walmart, etc.) The police report wasn't good enough for us, so Shawn and I decided to do a little further investigation on our own! I snapped a few shots of the car and we headed to Walmart. We began investigating the crime scene...the parking lot. Sure enough we found the piece of our brake light in the parking stall we had been parked in earlier that morning. Shawn began to think that he was an FBI agent at this point! (ha ha)
Walmart would not review the security tapes... the officer that wrote our police report had to. So this is where our investigation adventure ended for the night. We now have to speak with the Police Department and wait for them to review Walmart's security video and hopefully catch the person who did it. They should have left a note...














7 comments:

Rebecca said...

Way to go McGyver! I'll remember to call you when we need something solved like who didn't lift the seat when they pee'd or who started the squable between the siblings.

The Atkinson Family Blog said...

Great job! That's a story you hardly ever hear of! Love your blog!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Hi Shawn this is Melissa (McKnight) Hernandez. I had to drop by and say "hi". Tonight a bunch of us girls from high school went to dinner and Emily Maynard said she stumbled across your blog going through one of her sister's friends blogs (don't you love the blogging world), anyways, so I thought I would pop over. Congrat's by the way, with the expecting baby. It's so crazy all of our friends have kids!!! Uhhh, we're so not old enough, are we? How's Jordan and everyone doing, I never see anyone anymore (and you guys totally didn't come to the 10 year reunion, what's up with that?) I hope you don't mind if I add ya to my blog list to keep in touch. Take care, and p.s. your wife is absolutely adorable, you guys make such a cute couple!!

Natelli Johnston said...

Shawn is a good man to take you to the party! my husband makes fun of me, I think he is just jelous. I love Willow and am glad it gave you a laugh that I said Frotto :D

Natelli Johnston said...

I just read the story of how you guys got together, that is soo funny, way to be agrressive there Shawn! I was wondering who your bro-in-laws little bro was that told shawn what you wanted for christmas?

Emily M said...

Since Melissa told you I was blog stalking I though I better say Hello! I told my sean that you guys were living in Texas/Arkansas and he said "Watkins is?" We are so happy for you guys and having a baby girl. We just had our second in december and love our 2 girls dearly. I hope you don't mind us checking in on you 2 occasionaly. Take care! emily

JonesFamily said...

Hi Guys!
So glad you guys have a blog now we can keep up instead of seeing you guys every 2 years =) Krystal you are such a cute pregnant girl I need your address to send you a baby present email me tayajones@hotmail.com