Sunday, August 3, 2008

This Past Week

Here is just a little look into our lives this past week...

Here is Shawn (and Trixie keeping him company) at the computer working 'round the clock to finish up all his assignments for his MBA courses before we leave for Utah in a few days. He is able to finish his classes early so he can enjoy his time in Utah! Shawn's been working so hard!


*Please don't mind the mess in the background of this picture. It is our office/storage room. And now that my "nesting" has kicked in, this room will be spotless by tomorrow!


I usually practice the piano in our "office", but because it is hotter than he** in that room I had Shawn place the keyboard on my lap...he thought it was pretty funny until 5 minutes after he set it all up for me I had to use the bathroom!








Baby Shower time!! On Friday I had my first baby shower...what a crazy feeling. Am I really having a baby? The shower was perfect and I am very grateful for my friend Carin for putting it all together, and for the help she had from other wonderful friends! We were spoiled with great gifts! Thanks to everyone!



* I took this picture on behalf of my Mother-n-Law. It's her tradition to lay out all her kid's gifts (from birthdays to Christmas) and take a picture of them in front of it! You can see our kitty, Trixie reaching on the right side of the picture...she thought all the baby shower gifts were for her!








Breaking Dawn is here! If you remember a few posts back I was pumped about the midnight release party for Breaking Dawn...it turned out to be the worst release party ever! I'm pretty sure I was the oldest one there...well...Shawn was the oldest one...We were surrounded by teens dressed in Jnco jeans and guys with long hair pulled back in low pony tails and their girlfriends telling me that they are off drugs now and their relationship with their mom has improved because their mom now lets them smoke...
And then there were the refreshments...Oreos and warm red punch?
At least I got my book.


Saturday was the best! We went to Target to spend a gift card from the baby shower and finally bought a Graco bassinet/pack-n-play. I set up most of it by myself, during the hard parts I just had to sigh really loud so Shawn could hear and he would stop his homework to come help. After it was put together I added a few pink bows and a teddy bear...I just keep sitting by it and wishing our baby girl was here! After we had it set up, the whole "we are having a baby" felt more real...and the nesting instinct kicked in BIG TIME!

4 comments:

The Mursets said...

We're glad you have a blog now and we can keep up better.

Here's our address: http://themursets.blogspot.com Add it to your list.

When do you go to Maryland?

Rose said...

That was like me when I was waiting for the arrival of Madilyn! I put the crib together by myself...When Ryan would sigh really loud, I would do the hard part...I mean all of it:)Loks like you got lots of good stuff. Can't wait till this weekend!Another baby shower....more good stuff

The Atkinson Family Blog said...

I know what the nesting thing feels like! It is way cute! It looks like you got a lot of fun stuff too! Good for you!!

Walking with our feet and Loving with our hearts said...

Madison has that pack-n-play. It is the best.
Even though most of it only lasts for the first year, it is well worth it.