Sunday, October 19, 2008

The Update

I am pretty behind on our blogging...I am still trying to get used to this mom thing...which I love of course, I wouldn't trade it for the world! A lot has happened in the past few weeks so I will start with where we left off...week and a half after Victoria was born and the movers had come and gone, we packed up our air mattress, camping chair (which I sat in to breastfeed my baby...), our kitty Trixie and we started our trek across 8 states to Maryland!
         Part of our first day's stop was my 
grandpa's house in Bella Vista, Arkansas...where Victoria met her Great Grandpa and Grandma. My dad was also there waiting to meet his new granddaughter! It was pretty special to see the look on all their faces. Tori makes great grandbaby #15 for my Grandpa!
The rest of our trip consisted of driving, stopping to feed a hungry baby and trying to get our cat to go to the bathroom every 2-3 hours, and sleepless nights. In one hotel, the pet friendly hotel where we had to pay a $75 pet fee (no, the gov. wont cover that cost) Trixie would not stop 
 meowing (we had to lock her in the bathroom while we slept because of the baby), she was driving us crazy! So Shawn had to put her in
 her cage and in 
BED with US...this is the CAT not the baby... so she would shut up!

After a four day trip we finally made it to our "new home"! We've been trying to make our townhome a little more home like and are getting closer!










2 comments:

Jessica A said...

Love the update. I am glad you survived the trip. I can't believe you brave people doing it with a newborn.

Rose said...

Oh, Tori is so sweet!! I love her bow and her boots. I miss holding her. The kids loved the pictures of her. Cody always says "Dats kistals baby,Dats my cousin...Awww"