Sunday, April 19, 2009

Huck Finn And A Walk Through The Park

We took advantage of the warm day today and headed out to Rocks State Park for a little "hike"...which was more of a quick walk for Mr. Mountain Man here... We had to cross this river to get to the water fall and didn't want to risk slipping on the rocks with Victoria in our arms, so Shawn volunteered to walk across Huck Finn style. When we were trying to decide how to cross I questioned Shawn on why he was so hesitant to cross after he had just finished telling me (again) that we are moving to Montana (I laugh every time at the idea) and he responds with "I'd run across this thing if I didn't have Victoria"..we both laughed because really it was only a hop and a skip to the other side...



We met some friends on the way to the water fall, you can see him in the picture...his wife was still on the other side a bit nervous to cross.





Victoria was mesmerized by the water fall. I couldn't even get her to look at me for a picture.
This little girl loves to be outside.

Here I am... The Mom, who carries the baby, the camera, and the bag with everyone's stuff in it.

We had our trail buddies take a picture of our little family... we did look at the camera for a couple of them..but of course they didn't turn out all that great. I like the candid shots better anyway.
Here's the little one enjoying the outdoors.


6 comments:

Sommer said...

how fun, I've never been there and I've lived here for three years! It looks gorgeous! Great pics!

Darcy said...

Your pictures always look so great! Whats your secret?

Jeana said...

Congratulations on 3 wonderful years! I wish I would have known you two then! Your wedding looked beautiful and I wish I could have been there! Victoria is getting so much bigger! I can't believe how fast she is growing! that's so cute the way she looks so happy out doors!

HeavenlyHome said...

It is a lovely spot, and a beautiful day! The waterfall pic with dad is fabulous!

Emily M said...

What a fun day!! I love that candid shot of your little family! Victoria is so dang cute! I loved your 3 years post! What a beautiful wedding! You and Shawn are such a cute couple!

ps tell shawn that nelson called tonight to talk to sean and they had their baby about 2 weeks ago. A little girl- they named kelly

JO said...

I don't mind sharing some frosting recipes with you at all. why don't you email me and I will email you back. curtnjo@gmail.com

do you want some cupcake recipes as well?