Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving Feast, Friends, and a Christmas Tree


We spent Thanksgiving day with friends from the same program Shawn is in, whom we met in Texarkana, and are now living in Virgina. It was a ton of fun with a TON of good cookin! It was great to meet up with part of "the gang", but missed the ones that now live in other far away places! Us girls (Rebecca, Carin, and Aubrey) went to CVS/pharmacy to MAKE some money and walk away with some free stuff. Thanks to Rebecca and Aubrey for showing me the ropes on how to do some serious money saving shopping! I bought about $25 worth of stuff and only paid about $6..plus walked out with $6 to use on a future purchase at CVS! Not bad for a beginner! Good times! *Click on the collages to make them bigger and easier to read to captions 
Before we had been invited to the Cook's for Thanksgiving, we had bought our own Thanksgiving feast...so I cooked it on Friday and we had our third Thanksgiving feast this year!...not to mention the left overs, which we are still eating! After dinner we set up the tree...Trixie's favorite thing to destroy! You can see in the pictures how high she climbs up in it, we can't keep her away! Victoria LOVES to look at the tree and gets so excited! I love our Christmas tree and how each ornament tells it's own story!


I had to Post a large picture of Tori putting her very own Christmas ornament on the tree...it's Rudolph and has "Victoria" printed on his red bow! Too cute!

10 comments:

Sommer said...

You are so skinny and pretty I could just smack you Krystal! Seriously, but I love you anyways =) Sounds like you had a wonderful time and your tree is so nice and big! I love it!

Caitlin said...

haha...I have to tell you something funny. My husband was looking at your blog with me and saw Shawn's and your ages. I told him that you guys have been married almost 3 years....he said "whoa, he's rocking the crib". I said "you mean robbing the cradle"....haha....isn't that funny! Silly men. Seriously though, you guys are a cute couple and Victoria is just beautiful. I'm glad you had a nice holiday and your tree is lovely.

HeavenlyHome said...

Missed you today...hope you are feeling better soon! Shawn did a great job on his talk!
Your Thanksgiving pics are super cute...I love your homemade feast! And Tori's ornament picture is adorable! You sure are a doll!

The Mursets said...

Your cat is huge!

Melissa Hernandez said...

Totally enjoy this season with Victoria, the tree can't be pulled down and the the decorations stay put the entire season!!! I am laughing this year because I just follow isabella around the house saying "look...don't touch!" Kids make the holidays 10 times better!!!!

Rose said...

Aww!! Brings back memories of our first christmas with madi. You guys look so happy. by the way.."ruff" night was my saying in my post so don't make fun of it. :) well bring Tori to my house I have a present for her.

Jeana said...

Your holiday celebration looks like it turned out great. Good job on not burning dinner! Also, scary about the ghost. WE love the videos of Torie, she is so big already I can't even believe it!

Eric and Hilary said...

I'm not sure, i had totally forgotten about it! do you have to bring cookies? are you going?

Alison said...

So cute! I love the little videos of Tori! She's good at Tummy Time! My girls hated to be on their tummies.
I'm glad you got your package. I know you probably already have everything you need, but I love to buy baby clothes and Tori is just too cute! =)
I'm glad you had a fun thanksgiving. I need to learn how to make money at CVS. The only coupons I ever get are for things I would never buy. I always forget to bring my free money coupons with me. My fault I guess.
Hope your ghost has left! Kermit and I lived in a cool old apt. when we were first married. Nothing ever wierd happend except I used to wake in the morning after Kermit was gone for work feeling like I wasn't alone! YIKES! That has never happend to me before!

Carin said...

It was so fun to see you guys! Victoria is adorable. Zenock acts just like Trixie with our Christmas tree. I find little piles of ornaments around the house and I catch him "swatting" at the jingle bells on the tree... yeah, half of my decorations were broke within one day. oh well! Enjoy this year with Torie. :) That picture of JC is hilarious.. he would die if he saw it. What is he doing?!? HAha!