Saturday, November 8, 2008

The Newest News

It feels like we've had a ton of stuff happen the last couple of weeks! Halloween has come and gone already and left me no time to really feel the Halloween spirit...maybe because of the move I don't know. We did have fun at our ward's soup and pie/trunk or treat the Tuesday before Halloween...Shawn had signed me up for the pie contest...I was supposed to make a key lime pie, but I didn't have enough time in between taking care of the baby, so of course I was in tears over that. With Shawn's help we managed to pull off a quick Apple Crisp instead, so it worked out just fine.

Anyway... as the week went on we passed out candy to trick-or-treaters, got ready for Shawn's parents to visit, had Victoria's blessing day, spent a couple days in DC again, and experienced how painful it is to watch your baby get shots!  Below are pictures of the past weeks events... (the photo above is Tori on Halloween night)

Our friends from the ward, who are actually from Fellows 06 (the program Shawn is in but class of 2006) Jon, Megan, and baby Seth Blood...we loved their homemade Gingerbread costume!
Our sleepy baby bunny. I made a little bunny costume for our ward's Halloween party...she slept through the whole thing :)



          Victoria meets Grandpa and Grandma Atkinson


November 2nd was a big day..My parents anniversary, along with my brother Kurt's anniversary, and Victoria's blessing day! It was a perfect day! Shawn gave such a beautiful Blessing. Victoria's blessing dress is the same one that my sister and I were both blessed in, that our grandpa had picked out. Before my parents sent it out to me they had embroidered on the bottom of the dress our names (mine, my sister's and Victoria's) and blessing dates...it was so beautiful!

Please excuse my post partum body..in this and the following pictures..no comments please.

Below is a collage of our two day trip to Washington DC. We spent the night at Shawn's cousin's home so we could fit in a few more attractions with Shawn's parents...Thanks Scott and Katie! We spent a lot of time at Mt. Vernon (George Washington's Mansion), it was beautiful and full of history. Shawn's Cousins, Scott and David, took Shawn and his parents on a night tour of all the historical monuments while I stayed back at the house with Katie and the babies. We also had a chance to visit the Arlington Cemetery...incredible, and the fall colors were beautiful. At the Arlington Cemetery we were able to watch the changing of the guards ceremony for the Tomb of the Unknown. Last, Katie set us up on a tour of our nations Capitol Building...SO awesome, a must see! I can't believe how much history there is in one place and it's amazing to be so close to it all and be able to stand on grounds where it all took place!

7 comments:

Megan and Jonny said...

Post partum body, whatever. You look fabulous! I'm glad you liked our costumes enough to post them on your blog! :) We're so excited to have you here--it's always nice to have another Fellow in the ward.

Alli E. said...

I love the bunny costume for Victoria. We blessed Delaney on the same day!! That is so neat about her blessing dress and the names embroidered on the bottom!!

Allison

Sommer said...

Hi Krystal! I found your blog on Hilary's blog so I hope you don't mind. I'm really excited to have another young couple in the ward and even more that was can be in YW's together. We'll have to get together for dinner sometime.

Sommer said...

it's a good thing I can spell =)

Jeana said...

Tori's Costumes are so cute! You have done a lot in the past couple of weeks! Wow! Look at you guys go! Your mom got all the Halloween decorations down & the Thanksgiving ones up. (just so you know) I can't believe how big Tori is already!

Eric and Hilary said...

Ok, so I just finished reading ALL of your posts and it is 1:30am. I wish we had've known about the ward halloween party! I had no idea for some reason! Victoria's blessing dress was so pretty! Sierra wore mine that i wore too. I remember her blessing day because my mother in law and i were saying how her name was kind of a combo of ours haha. (her name is vickie and my middle name is rose) ANYWAYS this comment is getting a little out of control but I loved reading your blog and we will definately have to do dinner some time soon!

Sommer said...

Hey Krystal, it's me again, I promise I don't normally leave three comments on just one post =)I just wanted to let you know that I am planning on going to see the movie when it comes out. I know I'm a dork but we're planning on going to the midnight showing and you are more then welcome to come if you want. It'll be Tracie Pierce, and Jeanne Lawyer from our ward, and then my old next door neighbor Melissa is coming too. PLEASE feel free to join us, we'd love to have another fan with us. Let me know if you want to and I'll reserve you a ticket.